Wednesday, May 13, 2020

CVSD: Day 63 (Last Day of Preschool)


I am feeling a lot of emotions today. Including grief that our littlest has come to the end of his preschool experience. There was no Mommy's Night Out (it would have been last Thursday night). There was no preschool graduation. No year-end party for his class.

Instead we drove through the parking lot this morning, and Isaac's teachers handed us a paper sack of his stuff through the window. We chatted briefly, took some pictures through the window, and then we were off. 

I held back tears. Isaac didn't say much. To be honest, he has been enjoying all of his time at home with his big brother, but I think if he understood that there was no more preschool, he would be sad.

I'm sad that our time at Signal Crest is over, but also smiling because our time there happened at all. Six years of dropping our little boys off at this wonderful place. We love our community and I am grieving that this chapter of our life is over. Without any fanfare. 

I think we will have banana splits tonight to celebrate this milestone as a family, but it isn't the same. Nothing is the same right now.





A post shared by Cheree Moore (@mo_haus) on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...