Friday, August 02, 2013

Books I Read in July (#14)

So I didn't read a single book in June and barely squeezed in one book for the month of July. Reading when your life is somewhat upside down is tough.


Back in June, I started reading the book The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas. It is the classic, swashbuckling story of a young man wishing to join the King's service as a musketeer. In this endeavor he becomes friends with the famed Three Musketeers. The book follows their adventures in love, conspiracy, war and finally justice.

I found the story to be slow moving at times – this may have more to do with the fact that it was originally written in French. Occasionally I felt a bit lost in what was happening, but overall it was a good story. The last third of the book held the most intrigue for me and I found myself unable to put it down at the end. Overall this is a good read and I gave it 4 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.  
“All for one and one for all, united we stand divided we fall.” ― Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am still reading The Story in conjunction with the congregation where I worship – I have completed the Old Testament and have really enjoyed this walk through the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...