Saturday, July 21, 2007

Identity Theft

On a lovely Saturday afternoon while you are going about your weekend business you do not want to receive a phone call that says, "Mr. Moore, this is your REI Visa Card, did you recently make a purchase at Home Depot in LA?"

This was followed by an explanation that someone in LA (Los Angeles or Louisiana does not matter since we are in neither place) attempted to make 3 separate purchases at a Home Depot $250 each. The first $500 was approved and then REI froze our card and gave Daniel a call.


Thankfully they are going to credit us the full $500 as well as send us new cards. The bad news is that we will be unable to use our cards for the next 7-10 days while we wait for new ones, but that is a small price to pay for a case of identity theft...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...