Saturday, September 22, 2007

Affectionate Cat

Last night Daniel and I took Daniel's mom & grandmother to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I think we have taken almost all of our visiting friends and family to try the fabulous cheesecake there. If you have visited us and we have not gone there, I apologize. You will just have to come and visit again and we will take you.

Anyways we had a good meal and then split a slice of Adams Peanut Butter Fudge Ripple Cheesecake - one of our favorites. You cannot go wrong with Peanut Butter, Fudge and Cheesecake!


After dinner we wandered through SouthPark Mall and found our way to our favorite book store: Joseph Beth's where we spent some time browsing.


When we came home, one of the neighborhood cats was in our yard. This is not that odd as there are about 5 cats that seem to believe that our front porch is their personal domain. They are quite territorial and will scare off other cats at times.


Anyways, this particular cat has not been around as often and she actually had a collar and name tag. She came up and rubbed on our legs and I made the mistake of petting her. Then we all went inside. This poor cat tried to follow us in, which we promptly shooed her out. Then as we sat in our living room, talking, we could hear this pitiful meowing that lasted for well over an hour. At one point, Daniel went outside to see what her collar said so that he could call someone about her. However when we opened the door he thought she was acting strange so he shut the door again.


Daniel then brought up his concern that there have been 7 cases of rabies reported in Charlotte since July and he was concerned that this cat was acting too weird - she wanted to be petted, she wanted to come in, and she wouldn't quit whining outside of our door. I don't know, maybe she was just starved for attention.


I Googled rabies symptoms for cats and one form was that they act really aggressive and mean and another form they act overly affectionate and needy... so I have no idea. Maybe there is a rabid cat wondering our neighborhood. I do know that we got home around 8:30 and the poor cat was still meowing on our porch after 11 p.m. when I went to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...