Thursday, September 27, 2007

Haven't written in a few days...

I know, some of you were probably worried... what happened to Cheree and her addiction to FB and writing all of the notes... Mostly there has not been a whole lot to write about.

It is so hard, to be waiting. Day in and day out. Not knowing what the future holds. You keep hoping and praying and doing your best to make things happen and they don't. Eventually it all works out and you are ecstatic and thankful that you held in there, even when you really wanted to give up.


Anyways, that is what I have been doing lately... waiting. Yesterday I got a call about an interview for Friday. I am really excited about this one, but will continue to wait and pray and hope that it works out. Interviews are exciting and terrifying all at once. A strange place to be.


We had a really good visit with Daniel's mom and grandmother last weekend. We have had a lot of weekend distractions lately... distractions in a good way. It is always good to reconnect and take the time for people. This weekend our friends, Marshall & Hillary, are coming to visit (sans their baby), so we are excited about that as well. Minus the fact that the house is not getting finished, but we will live and eventually it will be finished.


The tree is finally gone! I am thrilled and the best part is that I didn't have to help haul it to the curb. Daniel worked with our neighbor on Monday night and got it taken care of - D on the chainsaw and neighbor hauling limbs... I am so thankful that is done with and I will pray that no more trees fall on our property.


We need rain. We are making a record right now for lack of rain - it has been too long... Everything is dried up. The rivers and lakes are down significantly. Charlotte is on water restrictions... no watering yards. I am ready for a hard rain... you know, the kind that feels soul cleansing. I think that when it rains I will just go stand in the yard and let the water pour over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...