Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Frustration Over A Tree

Our neighbors have not yet done anything about their tree that has fallen into our yard. So Daniel has been doing some research and apparently a tree that falls into your yard from an act of God is your responsibility to clean up.

This makes me want to cry. In the last 12 months we have already had 3 trees fall on our property and now we have another one to deal with. This means that it will eat into our time to work on the house and it is just plain hard work to cut up and haul a tree to the street for take away.


Also, in his research, he discovered that if someone hurts themselves on your property you are liable - even if it is their equipment and they inadequacy - YOU are responsible. The only way around this is to hired someone who is licensed to remove trees which will cost more and there is no way we are spending a ton of money on tree removal OR that Daniel will let anyone onto the property with a chainsaw who is not licensed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...