Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11

I was at a Ladies Bible Class this morning and someone mentioned that they heard on the radio people complaining about having to listen to Sept 11 stuff. I find that extremely sad. I understand that you might feel like you want to move on with your life, but there are thousands of people who are still alive who lost loved ones and it is sad that there are people out there that just don't care. I think that when we start forgetting about past events, we get into trouble. It is so easy to have the mentality that "it will never happen to me." I am sure that on Sept 11 and in daily life, things happen to people that they would never have dreamed about. Tragedy occurs and it is really self-centered of us to live our lives not caring about other people. Thank God another terrorist attack of that magnitude has not happened since. However terrorism still exists in our world and there are people all over the world who are affected daily by it. I hope that we never forget what it felt like to view the news that day. When we let our guard down, bad things will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...