Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Home Sweet Camper

A few highlights from my week of visiting in Nashville: we managed to get all of our laundry washed; we helped Daniel's dad buy new mattresses; my brother took me to a local restaurant {Marché Artisan Foods} that had some great European-style food; we were able to preview my sister and bro-in-law's new house {and spend time with my precious niece}.

Negatives: There are always more people that we wish that we could have had a chance to visit with.

I am now back home {at the camper} and I have to admit that I am actually thankful to take a shower in our tiny {3x2 foot} shower tonight. All feels right in the world when you come home {wherever home is} and settle into your normal routines and shower in your own bathroom and sleep in your own bed.
In addition I am incredibly thankful that fall has finally made its entrance. My sister and I went to Starbucks this morning and had Pumpkin Spice Lattes {I actually had one at the beginning of September but it felt wrong to be drinking in the summer-like temps}. 

The quiet at the campground is amazing and the stars are brilliant tonight. A part of me is nervous about our pending move to the country, but I am thankful that we will still have the peace and quiet and magnificent starry skies that living in a campground has offered us.

The only way to make tonight better would be if Daniel was home {he is in Knoxville all week for work}.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the time in Nashville! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom! It would have been nice to see you guys too.

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...