Monday, January 10, 2011

First Snow

Sophie on Christmas day.

It has been quite an interesting winter for the south. This is our second snow this season {the first one for 2011}. For northern Alabama, this is quite a bit.

We spent the weekend in Nashville at my sister's house. On the way home, we stopped for groceries just in case. Walmart was a mad house, but since we were down to almost nothing in our pantry, I had to suck it up and deal with the crowds. The only thing they didn't seem to have in stock was bananas!

Last night when we went to bed we had about an inch of snow on the ground. This morning we woke up to 5+ inches and it is still snowing! Thankfully we don't have ice. Since we are 4 miles from the plant, Daniel decided to go in to work {I think there are only a handful of people there and he is planning on coming home at lunch}.


Sophie loves the snow and has had a hay day running through it. Our neighbors were out pulling sleds with four wheelers earlier and it looks like all of the kids and dogs are enjoying the cold stuff.

I am content to watch it from inside with a cup of mocha in hand.

Post-running in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...