Saturday, January 01, 2011

52 Books in 52 Weeks

I did it. I managed to read 52 books in 52 weeks {#46 on my life list}.

Here is a list of the books I read in 2010. They came in all shapes and sizes. There was fiction and non-fiction. Adult short stories and novels from my childhood. Classics and sci-fi. Adventure and commentaries. Self-help and memoirs. It was a good year of reading...
  1. The Architecture of Happiness 
  2. Our Lot: How Real Estate Came to Own Us 
  3. Ignore Everybody 
  4. Fooled by Randomness 
  5. Moral Clarity  
  6. Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons
  7. the curious incident of the dog in the night-time 
  8. Doing Nothing
  9. A Meaningful Life
  10. A Wrinkle in Time 
  11. These is My Words
  12. The Book Thief
  13. The Zookeeper's Wife 
  14. You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty 
  15. Eat, Memory 
  16. Making the Cut
  17. American Nerd
  18. The Friday Night Knitting Club
  19. The Recipe Club
  20. A Woman Alone: Travel Tales from Around the Globe
  21. Mindless Eating
  22. A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World
  23. Crash Proof 2.0: How to Profit From the Economic Collapse
  24. There's No Toilet Paper... on the Road Less Taken
  25. The Welsh Girl 
  26. Angela's Ashes  
  27. Mount Vernon Love Story 
  28. A Tangled Web
  29. Jane Eyre
  30. Little Bee
  31. Anne of Green Gables
  32. Persuasion
  33. Fumbling
  34. A Short History of Progress
  35. Women, Food and God
  36. Northanger Abby
  37. Breaking Trail
  38. The Sound and the Fury
  39. Commencement
  40. One Thousand White Women ~ The Journals of May Dodd 
  41. Over the Edge of the World 
  42. The Sweet By and By
  43. All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten
  44. Everyday I Love You More (Just Not Today)
  45. A Blistered Kind of Love  
  46. Hatchet
  47. A Homemade Life
  48. Triathlons for Women
  49. The Lost City of Z
  50. Love in the Time of Cholera
  51. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
  52. The Giver
An honorable mention goes to City of Thieves by David Benioff. I am 3/4 of the way through and it would have been #53 had I finished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...