Thursday, May 19, 2016

Family Time in May is Becoming a Tradition


There are certain times of year that are busier than others. May is one of those times. There is Mother's Day, school is wrapping up, summer is on the horizon, and for the last several years it has also been a time that some of my family has able to get together.


I come from a family that is spread all over and we don't get to see each other that often, so I am grateful for the times when it works out for a visit. 


A majority of my extended family lives in Canada, my parents are in Arkansas, my brother is the closest in Nashville, and my sister and her family live in Florida.


Over the last several years, my Nana has been able to come down for a visit around this time and I am so grateful for our time together and the memories we have created. It is even sweeter now that I have children and they are getting the opportunity to spend time with loved ones.


We had a quick 3-day visit before my parents took my Nana on to Florida to see my sister. 


As we get older and our families grow, it is getting more challenging to be all together at every gathering. Sometimes you just have to do the best you can and be ok with that.


Jack adored having family here. There were lots of trips to our neighborhood park, there were games to be played and lots of good food to eat. 


Isaac hammed it up for everyone with his goofy smile and valiant efforts at communication. He doesn't really say any words, but through grunts, pointing, patting or shouting he is communicating plenty.


It was a great little reunion and I'm looking forward to seeing more of my extended family later this summer when we plan to head north for this year's vacation.


A Look Back at previous years we have managed to get together in May:
Isaac joins the family, May 2015  ⎮  Izzy graduates from preschool and Moriah graduates from high school, May 2014Mother's Day, May 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...