Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Rainbow Lake


Jack and I headed to Rainbow Lake for this week's nature hike. We were observing leaves as they come back on the trees.


This hike is a favorite because it includes a rock climb up through a chimney in a bluff, a waterfall that cascades over an old dam, and a creek crossing with a swinging bridge.


On this particular day I found myself inspired by the way the light played through the trees and the way the water cascaded down through the rapids of Middle Creek.


I love the way the light dances through the trees.


I love listening to water rush below me as it makes its way through the rocks in the creek bed.


I love climbing up through a crack in the dark rock and feeling the coolness of the earth against my hands.


I love laying next to the stream and staring up at the naked trees and bright blue sky and imagining what could be.


I love these moments with my oldest son.


Notes from this hike:
Location: Rainbow Lake on Signal Mountain, TN
Date: April 10, 2018
Time: 9:30-11:15
Weather: 40F and sunny

Observations: Beautiful day, everything is really growing. Enjoyed laying quietly next to Middle Creek which was really flowing.



Check back on Tuesdays to see where our nature studies have taken us...
Previous Nature Hikes with Jack: 
October: Reflection Riding Center (Monday Nature Day with friends) ⎮ Joyce Kilmer Wilderness Among Trees (hike we did as a family) ⎮ Greenway Farms Nature Day (family archery lesson and hike)
November: Glen FallsMushroom Rock (with Mommy and Daddy) ⎮ Raccoon Mountain
December: The BouldersToccoa River (family hike)⎮ Amnicalola Falls (family hike)
January: Green GorgeRainbow Lake
February: Stringers RidgeGreen GorgeMushroom RockGreen GorgeMushroom Rock (family hike) ⎮ Possum Creek (family hike) ⎮Greenway Farms
March: Creative Writing Exercise on the Mushroom Rock ⎮ Vernal Equinox Hike at Green Gorge ⎮ Mabbit SpringsNature Week: Ritchie Hollow, Greenway Farms, and Big Soddy Gulf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...