Monday, March 29, 2021

Moores Go West: Day 11 (Smith Rock in Oregon)

It's our 11th day of our trip and we got up and drove to Bend to visit Smith Rock State Park. It was pretty epic! Stunning views. We hiked a little over five miles on the Misery Ridge Trail. We started in the river canyon before making our way up past Monkey Rock and over Smith Rock. It was challenging and miserable but amazing. And we all did it. It might have taken some “angry” hiking for one or two littles but angry hiking is better than whiny hiking! It was a beautiful day and I’m grateful to be spending this time with my siblings. My brother ended his time with us after the hike and our family has a couple more days left in this area. 

We had such a fun (and tiring) day hiking at Smith Mountain State Park today. The kids were troopers and did a 5 mile loop, including the Misery Trail right over the top of the ridge. It was rated Extremely Difficult, but they did it with minimal complaining.

This was our 24th hike in 2021 (24/52) and we walked 6 miles next to a river and up over a mountain on a trail called Misery. This brings us to 70 miles hiked this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...