Thursday, March 25, 2021

Moores Go West: Day 7 (Lake of the Woods in Oregon)

We have had a good start to our time in Oregon. We went to Lake of the Woods where we spent the afternoon playing on the frozen lake. It is so fun to do this with my brother, and my sister and her family.

Building a 6+ foot snowman on top of the frozen lake with Uncle Mark. 

We spent most of our time at Lake of the Woods building an igloo put on the snow. It was a group effort. We stopped to eat lunch (the boys ate in the half finished igloo). While there it went from sunny to snowy and back to sunny and then windy and frigid. The kids stuck with it and finished by the time we were ready to leave. Then the boys had a blast knocking it over! 

Day 7 of our trip and our first full day in Oregon. We did a grocery run. Grabbed coffee from a local place (Dutch Bros.) then headed up to Lake of the Woods for the day (see last three posts). We wore ourselves out having snowball fights, building a gigantic snowman and an igloo. The boys voted the igloo as the best part of the day. Isaac said he wants to come here every winter and that it was totally worth driving for six days to get here. I spent the rest of the afternoon doing laundry while Daniel ran some errands in town. We ended the night with my brother-in-laws amazing fajitas and a movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...