Saturday, March 27, 2021

Moores Go West: Day 9 (Lava Beds in California)


We made it over to Northern California and spent the day at Lava Beds National Monument. The kids all got another Jr. Ranger badge. We went into Mushpot, Golden Dome and The Boulevard and Balcony Caves, and also froze in the Merrill Ice Cave. Kids voted The Boulevard and Balcony as their favorite because they got to pop out at different points under the lava bed. Golden Dome was my fave with the ceiling lit up to look like greenish gold. It was a fun day. We are all beat. Walking on hardened lava is much more difficult than the mud and limestone caves we are used to back home.

This was our 22nd hike in 2021 (22/52) and we walked 2.5 miles through several different caves. This brings us to 62 miles hiked this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...