Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Moores Go West: Day 6 (Oregon and FAMILY)

We stayed at the Knolls OHV land just east of the Bonneville Salt Flats last night. I have a feeling we will be back to this spot in a few years, but with dirt bikes in tow. We couldn’t cross the salt flats without stopping to check them out. We all licked salt and Jack found several large crystals. After the salt flats we continued our trek northwest. 

Day 6 of our trip was a big travel day to complete the first leg of this trip. We have now driven about 2,700 miles. After leaving the Knolls and Salt Flats, we drove through some pretty desolate sections of northern Nevada and then into southern Oregon. We noticed that this area of Nevada doesn’t put much stock in guard rails! It was a really pretty, though lonely area of the country. At one point we went 154 miles without seeing a single gas station! Thankfully we have a second fuel tank on our truck and we’re able to make the drive with the fuel we had on board. After a full day of driving, we rolled into the campground my sister and her family are currently staying at in time for a late dinner. The next leg of our trip will be visiting and site seeing in southern Oregon with my siblings. Looking forward for slower days and having some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...