Wednesday, January 05, 2011

My Cooking Dilemma/52 Books: Book 3

I have a problem. I really like to cook {and bake}. I like to try new things {as in there are very few recipes that I make more than once} and most of the recipes I want to try are not exactly healthy. Daniel and I both need to be healthier... therein lies my dilemma.


In addition, I just purchased my copy of Pioneer Woman's cookbook. I know that it has been out for a while, but I don't generally purchase books {especially cookbooks} when I have access to the ENTIRE internet as a resource. But I gave in. I love PW and decided it was worth supporting her by purchasing her book. I just read the entire cookbook front to back. It is filled with pictures and stories from her blog. As a cook, I can't wait to try many of the recipes. As a graphic designer, I have a hard time not cringing at the layout. But I still love PW and I don't regret buying her cookbook.

In addition to my new cookbook, I have recently discovered several new cooking blogs and have bookmarked recipes to try. But when do I try them? These recipes are not exactly healthy...


There's Confections of a Foodie Bride and her recipes like Dulce De Choco-Leche Cake.


Or this Mocha Crunch Oatmeal from Erin's Food Files.


Or these Thanksgiving Two-Fer Bars from Beantown Baker. It doesn't matter that Thanksgiving is passed... pumpkin and pecan is delicious any time of year.

I'm really struggling here. Even the recipes that would constitute a meal are not exactly healthy. I guess that the best plan of attack is to stick with the healthy meals as much as possible and occasionally splurge on a not-so-healthy recipe {and send the leftovers to work with Daniel to share with his co-workers}.

1 comment:

  1. BEautiful pictures. Just another reason NOT to get the book- I just joined WW = ). Happy cooking (and reading!)

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...