Friday, June 12, 2009

Six Week Challenge: Day 11

Workout(s):
I skipped the morning dog walk today because my stubbed toe was still bothering me (the nail is a faint shade of purple) and I wanted to give it some extra time to heal. Sleeping in on a Friday was kind of nice too.

5:30 PM:
60 minute cardio/resistance workout. During tonight's warm up, my right knee started hurting. I didn't push as hard as I could because I didn't want to have full-blown knee problems. Good workout, but I plan to take it easy this weekend.

8:30 PM
: We got home from eating at our favorite local pizza joint and Sophie was waiting, harness in mouth. We figured we better take her for a walk since she "asked." We walked about 0.5 miles around the neighborhood. The humidity outside is stifling.

Meals For Today:

Breakfast: Bran Muffin (mom's recipe), Coffee with Fat-Free Vanilla CoffeeMate
Snack: Cherries and Almonds
Lunch: Leftover Brown Rice with Zucchini and Red Peppers
Snack: Tuna, 1 Slice of Whole Wheat Bread and an Orange
Dinner: For my cheat meal, I chose to eat at Wolfman Pizza in Cotswold (my favorite and the staff knows us, which is nice). I ate three slices of the Big Bad Wolf (minus the Banana Peppers) and 24 oz of Dr. Pepper. DP is probably my biggest cheat of the day, but it was soooooo good. I could have made due with 2 slices instead of 3, but I love this pizza.
Total Water: 80 oz
Total Calories According to Calorie Count: 1733

Lower calories early in the day, made my cheat dinner not so painful. I can tell that my choice of a broad variety of nutrient-rich food and lots of water has really made me feel good throughout the day. I have lots of energy and have not experienced any heart burn. I would be interested to have my cholesterol checked after this challenge to see if my numbers are better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...