Monday, June 15, 2009

Six Week Challenge: Day 13 & 14

Sunday Workout(s):
Sunday is the rest day so I stuck with walking Sophie.
9:30 AM: Went for a 1.5-mile walk on the greenway.
7:00 PM: Went on a 0.5-mile walk in our neighborhood.

Meals For Sunday:

I am not going to lie, I was feeling sorry for myself because Daniel is off having a good time in Texas and I am home alone. My response was to treat myself to a #1 from McDonalds. I know I could have settled for just a burger and maybe a small fries, but I went all out and got a Big Mac AND fries AND a Dr. Pepper. And it was GOOD. But it did not make me feel any better, or miss Daniel any less.
Breakfast: Cascadian Farms Honey Clusters Cereal and Coffee with Fat-Free Vanilla CoffeeMate
Lunch: Aforementioned #1 combo from Mickey D's
Dinner: Dinner wasn't much better, but it was gooooood. One serving of fat-free, Double Churn Vanilla ice cream with a serving of Cranberry-Orange Multi-Grain Snack Mix. Maybe not the healthiest day, but I did enjoy it.
Total Water: 32 oz
Total Calories According to Calorie Count: 1556.

My caloric intake was in a decent range, but the healthiness of Sunday's food was not so great.


Today's Workout(s):

Didn't sleep that great last night - maybe due to my crappy nutrition yesterday. Slept in and only had time to walk Sophie about 0.25 miles in our neighborhood, for which I felt TERRIBLE. I ran home at lunch to play with her to make up for not having time to walk this morning.

5:30 PM
: 60 minute workout - we are now doing a 10-minute warm up followed by 20 minutes of steady cardio, 20 minutes of resistance training on an unstable platform and a 10 minute cool down. I had a tough time with the cardio because my knee was hurting and I really couldn't handle the impact of the exercises. Also got a cramped calf at the end of cardio - possibly due to my high sodium intake yesterday (thank you Big Mac and Fries). I REALLY LIKED the resistance coupled with the unstable platform. I felt like i had a good session with that. I didn't care for tonight's music set, but Pacino danced for us, which made it worth it.

7:15 PM
Came home and had a pretty wild dog. Opted to take Sophie on a 1.5 mile walk at the Greenway to make up for missing her walk this morning.

Meals For Today:

Breakfast: Cranberry-Orange Multi-Grain Snack Mix and Coffee with Fat-Free Vanilla CoffeeMate
Snack: Cherries
Lunch: Spinach Pasta Salad
Snack: Hummus with pita chips, Sugar Snap Peas
Dinner: Spanish Halibut
Total Water: 96 oz
Total Calories According to Calorie Count: 1485

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...