Thursday, March 08, 2012

Thursday Things (Random, March 2012)

After reading several different posts on various blogs, it has come to my attention that when nursing, women often spend money on nursing shirts... who knew? Since I spent a very minimal amount on maternity clothes, it seems odd to spend money on a nursing-specific shirt. Am I alone in this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Jack finding his voice.

Over the last week, Jack has really seemed to find his voice. He likes to talk {loudly} to us. If music is playing it sometimes seems like he is trying to sing along. It is truly funny. Daniel thinks he sounds like the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Toons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack and Daniel engrossed in Top Gear (UK). 
They were watching a car (a Touareg) race two snow mobiles 
down a ski slope and across a lake. The Touareg won.

We asked Daniel's dad {a doctor} if he thought Jack might develop ADD or ADHD later in life because we occasionally let him watch television. To which Daniel's dad replied, "Jack is not going to develop ADD. His personality is way too laid back for that." Hopefully he is right. We are enjoying our very chilled out boy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know how Media Mail is super cheap {for shipping books and the like}... Well, way back when I was in college, I tried to mail books and the post mistress asked me if I was ONLY sending books. Since I cannot tell a lie, I said there was also a card enclosed. Then she refused to give me the media rate!!! I should have lied! 

In all seriousness, I think she should have given me the cheaper rate... it cost me a fortune {to a poor college student anyway} to send my package :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in desperate need of a haircut... more on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...