Tuesday, March 24, 2020

CVSD: Day 13

I'm not sure if the news is getting more depressing playing into our biggest fears, or if we are just on the cusp of terrible things as far as the pandemic goes. I'm expecting the news to get worse and closer to home with each passing day. Already friends are starting to feel the effects of owning their own businesses or being furloughed or laid off. It will probably be weeks, if not months, before we start feeling some reprieve from this pandemic.

Tonight our area was under a tornado watch for most of the evening. Thankfully we only had heavy rain. Isaac gets very worried about storms, and lots of other things. At bedtime he told Daniel that he was afraid of tornadoes, praying mantis, and bears. We're not sure why he is currently afraid of praying mantis'. He carries more anxiety in him than the rest of us and we have to be really careful of what we say around him. We also have to be more accommodating of his big feelings and fears, typically in the form of extra hugs and reminding him know that it's okay to be afraid, while also helping him find ways to feel safe like talking to us and praying.

I'm sure I'm not alone in my prayer that our children make it through this pandemic untouched by the fear and pain that is gripping so many in the world right now. Though reality suggests that there will be children everywhere who are touched directly by the horribleness of this virus. All I can do is pray for all of them.

Philippians 4:6-7 is giving me some degree of comfort right now:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...