Tuesday, March 17, 2020

CVSD: Day 6

Daniel started telecommuting today. He spent about 10 hours on the phone in meetings. He's camped at the kitchen table, so the kids and I did our best to stay in our Lego room/school room area and outside as much as possible.

Listening to Daniel's conference calls through a shut door gave me a migraine. Or maybe the headache was due to the lack of exercise. This is something I need to remedy. Walks have been good but are not quite the same as my usual Boot Camp class.

Flowers are starting to pop up in our yard. We are all prone to allergies, which is worrisome since the coronavirus has some of the same symptoms as allergies. Nonetheless, the kids are playing outside as much as possible. Which I love, but it also means we have a lot of muddy laundry and shoes. I may need to start hosing them off outside to cut down on the level of mud going into my washer.

Before bed Daniel and I had a talk about how we are feeling, what we think is going to happen. Daniel is the type of person who over prepares for everything. I tend to under prepare. It's hard to know what we should be doing, but we are at least trying to get on the same page.


I came across this graph that showed how social distancing by 50% can drop the spread of this virus significantly. If you can distance by 75% it is a huge reduction. Our family has definitely isolated ourselves from more than 75% of the people we normally interact with (no workouts at the Y, no church, no grocery shopping since Friday, no co-op, no preschool). I miss my friends and family, but am so thankful for texting and social media right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...