Saturday, March 14, 2020

CVSD: Day 3

The day started out rainy. The kids watched Netflix and played Legos. We prepared them for the possibility of no social interaction. We are all for social distancing but are still on the fence about whether one or two neighborhood interactions would be ok.

In the end we decided to let Jack see if one neighborhood friend could play. The other mom and I texted and agreed that the kids could play outside together. We stressed that they couldn't play on the playground equipment at the neighborhood park. Playing with sticks, riding bikes, being outside, all seem relatively safe.

Daniel took the boys and our neighbor's son for a neighborhood bike ride after lunch. I stayed home and washed our sheets then wiped down all the door handles and light switches with Lysol wipes. I also cleaned the bathrooms.

I called my parents to make sure they had enough food on hand and to see if they were taking precautions to self isolate. Their church, like ours, has cancelled services for the time being. We normally video chat on Tuesdays, but it was nice to talk outside of that time. Breaking routines may prove to be a good thing.

I assessed our food again. We had a bag of apples that had become mealy so I looked up recipes and ended up making homemade applesauce in the crockpot. At a normal time I try not to waste food, but this seems even more important now.

Once the apples were cooking, I found a graham cracker crust and pudding mix that I had been saving for a rainy day. What better day than today? It was rainy, and it is Pie Day (3.14)!

I watched the news before bed. There is one confirmed case of the Coronavirus in our county. It turns out the man is a priest who came into contact with many people before realizing he was infected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...