Thursday, April 16, 2020

CVSD: Day 36

If life was normal, I would have taken donuts to Isaac at his preschool today to celebrate his 5th birthday. I'm grieving that this couldn't happen.

For the past six years we have had a child attending our local preschool and I can recall several distinct moments that I dropped Isaac off and had the thought that we were walking through some last experiences at our preschool (last Halloween party, last Teddy Bear picnic, etc).

Yesterday, the governor of Tennessee called for schools to be cancelled for the rest of the school year. This means that many of the last moments I was anticipating won't come to fruition. There was no Easter party and Egg Hunt. There won't be a Muffins with Moms, preschool graduation, or a year-end party. We just came home form school one day and never went back.

These lost moments make me sad. They also make me feel guilty because beyond the loss of nostalgia, people in our area have lost so much from the recent tornadoes, and the coronavirus itself. So sadness, but also guilt because I still have so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...