Thursday, April 23, 2020

CVSD: Day 42

Yall, I have had a cough since this whole coronavirus in the US started. That's like 42 days, if you're counting. Isaac has had a good cough for a week. I'm pretty sure he has allergies and Claritin at bed seems to help him. Daniel has also developed a cough this week. Jack does not have a cough.

Yesterday I may have experienced a small panic attack. I have been coughing so hard that I was gagging and pulling muscles. I also have had arm pain since Sunday followed by neck pain. I'm fairly certain I just have a pinched nerve, but these days, who knows?

As for the panic... I wasn't feeling great yesterday and the more I coughed the more my heart started racing and I started to feel dizzy and it gave me a headache. I tried to nap but felt worse and all of a sudden it all felt like too much. My chest was super tight and I couldn't get ahold of the crazy cough.

I wasn't sure what to do, so I hopped in the shower. The heat calmed me down. When I got out I used Vicks on my chest and bottoms of my feet and finally felt like I could breathe again. I took an Excedrin and called a BCBS nurse hotline. To be honest I felt silly talking to the nurse. Other than the cough and arm pain, I didn't really have any symptoms. And while a lingering cough stinks, I have not had a fever or chills.

There is talk that our state will open up soon. I know the economy is tanking but I also know history is full of examples of people breaking quarantines too soon and more people dying. I'm just ready for all of my family to be over this cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...