Saturday, April 18, 2020

CVSD: Day 38

Issac is officially FIVE. Celebrating during a pandemic was not my favorite, but it was a good day for our little guy nonetheless.

From donuts for breakfast to video chats with my family and also the kids Nana. And even a surprise visit from Grandpa and Abuela, who popped by to sing and bring a present. There were virtual wishes online and some friends even drove by to sing Happy Birthday, while other friends dropped homemade cards in our mailbox.

I had initially thought we would ask our friends to do a Birthday Parade drive by for Isaac, but then we were told to Shelter in Place. While I know a lot of people still do the parades, I didn't feel right asking a bunch of people to drive by. That being said, we did love seeing our friends that drove by anyway unasked.

Also, Isaac gets super embarrassed with too much attention, so while one mini van was nice, I think a slew of them would have been too much for him. As for me, I went inside and cried after they left. It was so good to see friends, but it was hard too because we didn't get to visit and I miss them so much.

Per tradition, Isaac and I made a homemade cake — a Minecraft sword this year. There were presents to open — including Isaac’s first climbing harness. This gave Daniel a reason to rig up a temporary zipline in the back yard. Then he repurposed the rope so he could teach the boys how to rappel down the rock face in our yard. Jack was a bigger fan of this than Isaac but both had fun. 

Finally we celebrated with ramen noodles (Isaac’s request) and pizza. Followed by cake and a movie. It was a good day, even if we are missing our family and friends.


*Isaac had also requested a Nerf war and soccer game and he really wanted a Play Station with Minecraft (those are crazy expensive and hard to come by right now). We will make up the Nerf war and soccer game later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...