Friday, April 24, 2020

CVSD: Day 43

The pain in my arm woke me up this morning around 5am. It felt a lot worse today and I started to get shaky (nerves verses chills, not so sure). I woke Daniel up and we discussed course of action. We finally decided I should call his dad, a retired family doctor.

It was 6am when I called him. When I had a blood clot in my leg in 2008, he was the one to figure it out, over the phone. This morning we discussed the possibility of a clot – he thought it was a low likelihood based on my description. We talked about my cough, the headaches, the dizziness I experienced on Wednesday.

He decided to come over and check my arm out in person just to get a better idea of what is going on with me. So he showed up around 7:30, along with his wife (a retired nurse). We discussed my symptoms more and he thinks my arm pain is related to nerve pain. Possibly Synovitus. He also thought that there is a good chance I could have Covid-19, but since I have been coughing for so long and never had a fever, he didn't think I am at risk for worse symptoms. He did suggest I go get tested.

There are some free drive-in testing clinics in Chattanooga this weekend. I am on the fence about exposing myself to other people when there is not anything they can actually do for this virus, unless it gets worse...

Just writing all this out so I have a record on how I have been feeling and steps taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...