Thursday, April 30, 2020

One Second Every Day: April


One second every day in the month of April. Our state has been under a Shelter-in-Place order all month that expires tomorrow. However this hasn’t stopped our crew from neighborhood bike rides and walks. Campfires and the boys learning how to rappel in our backyard. We celebrated Easter and Isaac’s birthday. There have been forts, inside and outside. The boys have now slept on our porch or deck for 26 nights — only coming inside for the really cold nights and the one night when Isaac randomly got stung by a bumblebee that had gotten stuck in his sleeping bag. Jack has lost two teeth during quarantine and the boys have been helping Daniel build a treehouse in the backyard with materials we had on hand. As far as quarantine life goes, our family has it pretty easy with a property that has plenty of spots to explore, beautiful views within biking distance, and neighborhood trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...