Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Bonus Hike: Green Gorge

Based on the likelihood of bad weather today, I had pushed our weekly group hike until tomorrow. 
 

Yesterday turned out to be gorgeous (70 and sunny) so we did a last minute hike at Big Soddy Gulf.


Today the rain held off and it was still in the 50s and sunny, and we finished school early, so I decided to sneak in another last minute hike. 


Our down-the-street neighbors, who also homeschool, were able to join us, so we all walked to a local trail from our neighborhood. 


These weekly/daily hikes aren’t super long, but we spend a lot of time exploring and observing. And without knowing it, the kids are building up their leg muscles for longer treks.


They also test their limits by crawling and walking across downed logs over the creek. Out of five kids, four ended up with wet feet (Jack had on muck boots that go almost to his knees so he was the only dry one)


By the end our hike, the wind started to blow and the temperature started dropping. We made it home before it rained. We may not get rain tonight, but cold weather is certainly on the way. 


Tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny but in the 30s for our group hike 😬 Hopefully we won’t freeze!

This afternoon we hiked 1.5 miles (21.5 miles YTD). This is hike 8/52 for me and my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...