Wednesday, January 06, 2021

Weekly Hike: Sterchi Farms

I organize a weekly hiking meet-up for homeschool families. My boys and I have been hiking weekly for most of the last four years as part of our homeschool. 

Last school year, I started having people ask to join us and that grew into a group of 3-10ish families that bundle up and meet up on the trail each week. 

We halted in March of 2020, but picked back up again in August. These weekly meet ups have turned out to be so good and a much needed mid-week break for all of us. 

We all get fresh air and sunshine. We all get to move our bodies. The kids have friends to adventure with. And the moms get a chance to visit and share life together. It's a community I never imagined. And during this pandemic, it has made life normal and bearable. Having something to look forward to during uncertain times is such a blessing. One I didn't know I needed, until I needed it.

This was our first group hike of 2021. 2nd Hike of 2021. We met up on the South Chickamauga Greenway and completed four+ miles. My main goal for this hike was to take a mid-way break at the Clamber Scramble Traverse at Sterchi Farms.

 
On this particular day, we had several new families join us on this hike and even had a stranger stop us at our trailhead and bravely ask if she and her family could join us in the future!  
 

On this day, we hiked 4.5 miles (9.5 miles YTD) This was our 2/52 hike for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...