Sunday, January 24, 2021

Cub Scouts


During March of last year, our Cub Scout experience came to a screeching halt, along with everything else in our lives. I think the moving up ceremony was done from a parking lot – everyone in cars. I can't be certain, we missed it.

It's a new year. Jack has moved up with his pack to become Bears this year. They have tried to meet periodically outside and with masks, but a lot has been missed. Our pack did not do Pinewood Derby this year – I think everyone felt like doing it online just didn't have the same appeal.

Anyways, everyone is trying, and I think that is what counts.

 
Yesterday morning Daniel realized that scouts was supposed to meet today and our family (aka him) was in charge. Also, the boys were supposed to build something.
 

Daniel did a great job pulling together a last-minute meeting as well as a plan for the kids to build their own tool boxes. He even managed to 1) clean up the garage before the troop showed up, and 2) pre-cut all of the wood for the project.

 
It was good to catch up with old friends, and all the kids did a great job on their boxes. No one hammered a thumb or got hurt and everyone left with something to be proud of. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...