Sunday, January 31, 2021

Weekend Retreat and Hike to Blowing Wind Falls

This weekend I had the opportunity to get away with some close friends to a house on the river for a much-needed retreat.


We spent the weekend staying up late, eating all the food, and talking enough to make up for a year’s worth of quarantine.

Saturday I led a hike up the Ritchie Hollow Trail to Blowing Wind Cave. I have taken my kids to the lower section of this hike but had never gone all the way to the waterfall.

It’s a big climb for the last mile, but the waterfall at the top was worth it.

 


 
I am thankful for every minute I get to spend in the woods, soaking in God’s creation. It is always a joy to share these experiences with others.
 
 

 
This brings my hiking count for the year to 11/52 hikes. My phone said we did 4 miles (that’s 32 miles YTD). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...