Thursday, January 28, 2021

Weekly Hike: Rainbow Lake to Bee Branch

 
 
It is currently 36* and feels like 28. It was a chilly but sunny afternoon – a far cry from the 70* weather we had on Tuesday! A small part of our weekly hiking crew sucked it up and met up to hike regardless of the cold, completing a 3.5 mile loop hike at Rainbow Lake coming back on the Bee Branch Trail. As a bonus, somehow the kids all made it home without getting wet.
 

 

 
When it comes to hiking, there are a few of things I know to be true: 
1) People rarely regret going on a hike, even when it’s cold out.
 

2) Regardless of how cold it is, or how many layers you make them wear, your kids are going to strip most of it off while you hike.



3) Every hike is different, even when we go to the same places. We explore different rocks, notice new things, find something in nature to see that’s new every single time.


4) Time in the woods is always well spent.

This afternoon we hiked 3.5 miles (25 miles YTD). This is hike 9/52 for me and my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...