Friday, January 22, 2021

Bonus Hike: Rainbow Lake Loop



 
Long ago, when the kids were still little, before we even homeschooled, we had a group of friends that we regularly met up with for something that we eventually called Friend Fridays. We did various field trips and hikes and meet ups. It is a time period that is full of some of my best memories. 


Eventually the kids went to school. Some of us started homeschooling. Some didn't. Some left homeschooling. At the moment everyone is home, virtual schooling or homeschooling. 

 
It's been a strange year for everyone. We are all finding our footings again. Discovering new normals. For the most party, my boys and I have had the luxury of keeping our lives fairly normal, meeting up with homeschool friends outside as often as possible (see previous posts). But we have been missing most of our public school friends.
 
 

I reached out to some of the old Friend Friday crew to see if they would be up for a Friday hike. They were. It was so good to see their faces again. The kids paired off and we all hiked at varying paces. Isaac and one friend running at the front, Jack and another friend in the back climbing everything they could climb.

 
 
It was our second hike of the day (third of the week). That is abnormal. But it was such a good day. The sun came out. The water at Rainbow Lake was flowing. The kids climbed the cliffs they love to climb. They explored the water. We crossed the swinging bridge. 
 

We decided to take a little longer route and did the loop to return by the golf course, making the trip 3 miles instead of 1.8.


 
I got to catch up with my friends. Today was a really good day. We hiked 3 miles (17 miles YTD). This was our 6/52 hike for the year. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...