Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Big City

Yesterday started out well. I went to yoga and then got ready to go to the big city {aka Chattanooga} to run some errands and to meet with a client to kickoff a new project. 

I got to go to Chick-Fil-A and Target and Starbucks. I felt like I was participating in the real world again by sitting in on a 3-hour meeting with a marketing department where my design and marketing experience was of value {no offense to Sophie, but sometimes hanging out at home with my dog can be boring}.

One of my errands was to go by our Public Storage unit to get the last of our things from storage. This would have been fine, but the following things occurred:
 

Daniel put the wrong address for Public Storage into the GPS and I ended up in the middle of nowhere. I stopped twice to try to recalculate where I was. In the end I ended up on Hwy 27 in Soddy Daisy {I needed to be in Hixson}. I eventually figured out where to go, but I ended up driving for an extra 40 minutes.
 
When I reached said storage place it was pitch black out and I realized that I did not have the access code with me. Nor did I know what unit our stuff was in. I called Daniel. Three times. Unfortunately he was playing racquetball and did not answer any of my calls.
 
Annoyed that I had already driven for an hour AND then couldn't get in, I decided to stop and buy myself a large Dr. Pepper before driving home. I had a 1.5-hour drive back to the country to get over being annoyed about the whole storage unit fiasco.


Daniel was in the shower when I finally made it home. He said we had dinner plans to meet some friends at a local Mexican place. So the day ended well. Note to self: Use Google beforehand to make sure you know where you are going before relying on a GPS that may or may not have up-to-date information on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...