Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Project 52 Date Nights: Thanksgiving Preparation

We are hosting the Moore Thanksgiving this year. So we created a long list of things to do before company arrives. Last weekend was supposed to be the final push. Get it all done, so we don't have to worry. Friday we went strong. Saturday Daniel got fixated on getting our new internet TV to properly connect to the internet and I didn't feel so great. 

So instead of working all day, we took it easy. Daniel got the TV and internet working together and we opted to watch an instant Netflix movie instead of working. Laying on the couch together {vegging out} was just what we needed.


Sunday we were back at it and managed to accomplish just about all of our projects {including my shopping for Thanksgiving day and other planned meals for the long weekend with company}. 

We have a few things left to do, but even if we don't have our house in perfect order, it is OK. The beautiful thing about Thanksgiving is that it is a time to be together and to be thankful {it has nothing to do with finishing all of your little projects, though sometimes that is nice too}.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...