Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving, by the numbers

1 completely blackened pie crust 
2 pumpkin pies {and one pumpkin spice cheesecake}  
3 dogs to annoy each other and beg for food  
4 cups of turkey stock {and an incident of throwing out drippings, which meant a last-minute consultation of the internet to make gravy WITHOUT said drippings} 
5 times more than enough food  
6 hours of cooking, baking and orchestrating  
7 days is the amount of time I need to recuperate from cooking 
8 potatoes {mashed}  
9 chairs crammed around a table for eight
10 strips of bacon to cover a turkey
 
12 sticks of butter  
15 made-from-scratch dinner rolls 
22 eggs  
And a fridge full of leftovers.

That was our Thanksgiving in a nutshell. 
Will post more later when I am not so exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...