Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Yoga

This morning I got up and met a friend at the local Rec Center for yoga. This was my first time to go to yoga in forever. I wasn't really sure what to expect in this small town in Alabama but since I need to exercise and I enjoy yoga, I decided to at least give it a chance. 

Unfortunately neither of us brought our own mats {I didn't think to because in Charlotte you just use the ones provided by the Y}. Thankfully the instructor had two extras so we were able to stay and participate.

The instructor was tough – especially when we got to the ab workout. It was hard {and it seemed to go on forever}. I am going to be sore for a while, but I was pleasantly surprised and plan on going back.

We discovered that there is actually one aerobics class offered on Tuesday and Thursday mornings as well as a Hip Hop Dance class {maybe like Zumba?} in the evenings. And we can always try the line dancing and clogging classes! I think I will stick to yoga and aerobics and maybe some racquetball. I am thankful that there are at least a couple of classes that I am interested in.

I have to share one funny comment from the yoga instructor... towards the end we did some inverted poses and our instructor came over and asked us if we had any pace makers or heart problems! She was obviously joking, but she said she was required to ask since several participants have pace makers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...