Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Cooking with Pinterest.10

Recent recipes I have tried (not as many Pinterest finds this time around)... 

Toad-in-Hole with Sliced Tomato
Someone had recently given me some homemade sourdough bread so I used it to make Toad-in-Hole (one of my favorite things for lunch or breakfast). You just cut a hole out of your bread and then cook a fried egg, over-easy, in the center. The bread is great for soaking up the runny yolk. For my side, I sliced up a fresh tomato and added salt. Perfection.

Watermelon Mango-Banana Smoothie
Jack and I have been on a recent smoothie kick. Last week I cut up and froze some fresh watermelon and it has been a great base for smoothies. For this one I put 1 cup of frozen watermelon, 1 cup of frozen fruit (mango and bananas) and 1 cup of orange juice in a blender.
Parent Score 5/5 | Toddler Score 5/5

Watermelon Berry Smoothie
For this one I put 1 cup of frozen watermelon, 1 cup of frozen berries and 1 cup of orange juice in a blender. Yum! You can do all sorts of combinations for smoothies with whatever you have on hand. 
Parent Score 5/5 | Toddler Score 5/5

Quinoa Enchilada Casserole via Damn Delicious
Excellent dish. I added sauteed chicken to make it a little heartier (plus Daniel likes meat in his meal when possible). This dish came together really quickly and we had leftovers for lunches that week.


Parent Score 5/5 | Toddler Score 5/5

Peach Cobbler via Pink Parsley
This is one of my all-time favorite cobbler recipes. It is really simple to make and always turns out perfectly. Jack helped me make this for company last week. He likes to drop the peaches into the batter.


Parent Score 5/5 | Toddler Score 5/5

BBQ Turkey Breast and Shrimp
While my aunt and her family visited, I threw together this dish of rice with BBQ Turkey and Shrimp with a side of sauteed zucchini and corn. It was really simple to make and fed a big crowd. I just sauteed shrimp and turkey in BBQ sauce and made a pot of rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...