Friday, July 18, 2014

Keeping Busy While Daddy Works


Daniel has been working a lot over the last two weeks. As in, he's only had one day off and he happened to be sick on that particular day. 


I have been coping with my current "almost-single-parent" status by keeping us as busy as possible. If you can wear your child out so that he will take a long afternoon nap, that is the definition of a mommy win.


On Monday-Thursday we typically go to the Y so that I can have some "me time" and Jack can have some fun with other kids. 


In addition to the Y, we have been hitting up local library story hours. Last week the Signal Mountain Library hosted the Chattanooga Aquarium. The speaker brought animals that live in Tennessee – things likes snakes, lizards and turtles. It was a good talk but a little long winded for my squirmy two-year old.


Last Friday I gave Jack the choice between going to the pool or the Creative Discovery Museum


He chose to go "dig dinosaurs." We had a lot of fun, playing with all of the exhibits at the museum. I love that we can easily go and spend 2+hours at the museum. It never gets old for Jack.


Right now they have a Wizard of Oz exhibit in their upstairs area. Jack had fun pretending to gather eggs, climbing the castle slide and brushing the cowardly lion's hair.


This week we spent all day Wednesday with friends. Jack didn't nap and somehow made it through the day.  I guess having 7 other kids to play with can keep any toddler going.


Thursday we went to the Zumbini music class on the mountain. This is our second time and Jack loved it. I think drums are his favorite. 


After Zumbini, we went to the Chattanooga Zoo with our new friends from the class. The zoo was cute. Just big enough for a toddler to run around and look at all of the exhibits without having to take a stroller with you.


We started out the visit with a train ride and ended our trip on the carousel. The Coolidge Park carousel is better, but this was still a fun experience for Jack.


I am so thankful we live somewhere where it is easy to get out and do lots of activities for Jack (that don't really cost anything). 


We will be so glad when Daniel gets back to his normal working schedule and can do some fun activities with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...