Sunday, July 27, 2014

Bike Rodeo Champion


This weekend was pretty jam packed for us. Following the Lookouts game Thursday night, we got up Friday morning and took advantage of the cooler weather by going bike riding on the Tennessee River Park Greenway.


This is one of our favorite rides. We like to park towards the Chickamauga Dam (off of Amnicola Highway) and then bike into downtown Chattanooga.


The last few times we have done this ride, we have made Five Guys our midway stop. It is nice to grab lunch and it gives Jack a bit of a break.


On this particular ride we decided to bike down a section of switchbacks to the river. 


Daniel has pretty good turning skills, especially when you consider that he was pulling Jack behind him in a bike trailer. 


It took 3 minutes to get to the bottom and then he turned around and rode back up. 


After videoing them, I took a more direct ride to the bottom and biked back up. Not an easy task by any means.


Daniel has told me before that he was the 1990 Bike Rodeo Champion for his boy scout troop. After watching this, I believe him!


It has been so nice to have Daniel home this weekend. We have really missed getting to see him for most of the month of July. I hope he maintains a more normal schedule for a while.


Route (as seen above) for Friday's bike ride was about 5.5 miles, with very mild/cool weather for July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...