Friday, June 08, 2007

Another Bike

Daniel is off to buy another bike. It is an old Bianchi road bike that he is getting for $100 and is probably worth at least double that. Anyways, he is buying from the same guy that he got the beater from yesterday. We will now own twice as many bicycles as cars. All are in good working order and have unique purposes. Really I should say that Daniel has 3 bikes (his mountain bike, his TREK beater to now use for commuting and the Bianchi road bike) and I just have my one mountain bike.

With gas prices growing, Daniel has been trying to convince me to ride my bike to the Y (I guess that would mean I would get an extra workout). He also thinks I should ride it to buy groceries - he says that we can get an attachment for my bike to hold a significant amount of groceries. He has also gone so far as to say I could ride to my client meetings. The first 2 ideas are at least plausible. There is no way that I can show up at a client meeting all sweaty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...