Monday, June 18, 2007

Marketing a "State"

Crater Lake


The state or Oregon has done an excellent job of marketing their tourist industry. I am always intrigued by their print ads that can be seen in Backpacker magazine. The marketing also ties beautifully into their web site. The site and ads feature clean, crisp design, good typography and excellent photography that all work together to tell a story.

Last summer my husband and I took a 10-day trip to Oregon. We rented a car, visited some college friends and drove all over the state. During the course of our trip, we visited the Columbia River Gorge, picturesque Multnomah Falls, we hiked up 9000+ foot South Sister Mountain, toured a lava tube, drove around Crater Lake and drove up the scenic coastal highway. It was a wonderful experience and every time I see the Oregon advertising, it reminds me of my adventures the summer of 2006. Oregon really does live up to its advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...