Thursday, June 28, 2007

Apparently my feet are abnormal wide.

Actually this is not news to me. I generally struggle with finding shoes that fit. I have this oddity that I have really short, wide feet. I generally have to go to an 8 or 8.5 to get a wide-enough shoe. Technically I am a women's size 7, extra wide! :)

Thank goodness for Chacos. They are the only shoe that REALLY fit me. Anyways, I am in desperate need of some tennis shoes to work out in. I work out about 5 times a week and my tennis shoes are a pair that I had when I was in COLLEGE! That was 5 years ago and I am sure I had them long before I graduated.


Anyways, I went to a running store where they measure your feet and have you stand on a heat sensing pad to see your arches. I also had to be video taped running on a treadmill - not exactly the highlight of my day.


When I went to the store, I was very upfront in saying that my feet were wide and asking how wide their sizes came in. After going through all of the motions and having me try on several pairs of shoes, they finally agreed that they didn't have anything in the store for me (duh). So they decided to order a pair of "wides" for me to try out.


So today I received the call that the shoes were in. We went over so that I could try them out. Unfortunately the wides did not fit. The sales guy just looked at me and said that this was the widest the shoes came in. I asked about mens and he said they wouldn't be short enough. I asked about boy's and he just looked at me - I don't think they carried kids shoes. He also told me that this was the widest that they made women's sizes. I know for a fact that I have seen wider sizes online AND if someone didn't make shoes that fit me, I would have spent the last 26 years walking around barefoot!


Anyways, the experience was very disappointing and a huge waste of my time. I will probably resort to ordering a million "wide" shoes online from Zappos b/c they have free shipping. Trying them all on, seeing what fits and sending the rest back. Why does having to buy a shoe have to be so complicated?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...