Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Second Harvest FoodBank

A while back, I had posted that Providence Road Church of Christ was asked, along with 100 other churches in Charlotte, NC, to participate in a food drive for Second Harvest FoodBank in an effort to fight hunger in the community.

Providence Road challenged the members of its congregation to donate 2,000 pounds of canned goods. The congregation met the challenge and then some. The final count for pounds of food donated was 5,775. This was almost triple the amount of the challenge!

Click on
What If or Do You Think About Hunger? to view slide deck announcements used to encourgage members to think about hunger and donate to the food drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...