Tuesday, June 05, 2007

David Ogilvy

David Ogilvy is an icon in the advertising world. He grew up in England and came to America where he would become the one of the greatest advertising men of all time.

This quick interview of Ogilvy gives a glipse of how he started out. In this interview he comments that he really wanted to work for Young & Rubricam but he didn't think he was good enough. So at age 38, with little advertising experience, he started his own agency. This is inspiring to me because he did not let fear that he was not good enough keep him from what he wanted to do.



Advice from Ogilvy: "Hire people who are better than you are, then leave them to get on with it. Look for people who will aim for the remarkable, who will not settle for the routine."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...