Thursday, June 21, 2007

Forgetting about yourself.

I have heard it said that doctors and nurses are great at healing people and terrible at taking care of themselves. It also seems that you hear of financial advisors whose finances are in shambles and moms who focus so much attention on those around them that they forget about themselves. I suppose this could be true of people in almost any type of occupation.

Yesterday I had a meeting with a native Charlottean, graphic design veteran who allowed me to pump him with all sorts of questions in an effort to educate myself. One of the most profound things he shared with me was this: "Don't forget about your personal brand identity. Designer's have a hard time designing and developing brand identity for themselves."

This statement holds such truth. I work one-on-one with my clients to develop their brand identities and at the same time I have not given the same thought and effort to myself. Something can look good, but if potential clients don't know who is behind the work, then it is useless.

2 comments:

  1. If your interested in Personal Branding, you should view my blog on the subject.

    www.personalbrandingblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check out your blog. I am in the business of branding others, it is just easy to forget about branding yourself sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...