Thursday, June 07, 2007

New Beater Bike for Daniel

Recently Daniel's company had asked the employees to voluntarily participate in a program called LEAD. The program was about teaching employees to be better presenters. They were required to partner with someone else in the company and give 2 presentations that would be scored by their peers. They also received points for attendance. The incentive was the winning team would each get $1000.

Anyways, Daniel and his partner kinda of cheated and used me to design their presentation (I guess cheating is the wrong word since there were not specific restrictions). At the time, I jokingly told him that he would have to share his winnings with me if they won and he asked me if he could buy a commuting bike so he wouldn't have to ride his mountain bike to work.


Last week we found out that his team won. We were pretty excited. He has been keeping his eye on the classifieds for sometime for a bike. Ideally he wanted a beater that he could park outside and not be afraid of someone trying to steal it. Before the $1000 came in to play, he was "earning" his beater bike by calculating how much he saved on gas each time he rode his bike to work.


Well today he found a possible bike for $100. Since he had rode his bike to work today, he didnt have a way to go look at it or pick it up. So I ended up picking him up and we ended buying a 95 Trek bike for $100. I am glad that he didn't spend $1000 on a bike:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...