Saturday, June 16, 2007

Curious Squirrel

Daniel and I were sitting on our porch, eating breakfast and enjoying the cool temperature and the chorus of birds singing when we noticed a squirrel in one of our trees in the front yard.

There are a lot of squirrels in our neighborhood - reminds me of Harding. We also have a family of rabbits living in our back yard. Our neighbors are not crazy about the rabbits b/c they have a garden, but we don't mind them.


Anyways, we were sitting on our porch and this squirrel that we had noticed started paying attention to us. Soon it had climbed out of the tree and wondered our direction. Before we knew it, it was sitting on our side walk staring up at us, about 3 feet away. Then it came through the bushes and climbed up on to the porch with us where it just stared at us. It was pretty interesting. It hopped off the porch and then came back a second time and actually walked up to Daniel. It was very odd, we have never had a squirrel come up to us, normally they are just skittish and run away!


The only other time I have seen a squirrel that close to a human was on Wilderness Trek one year when a squirrel ran up one of Angela's arms, over her shoulders and down the other arm during our solo time - now that was a very funny sight to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...